נקודות
נושא ההודעה: E.A..R. PREAMP 834L
פורסם: היום 06:59
חבר האתר

הצטרף:
25/01/12 04:24

הודעות: 138
למכירה מהירה.
PREAMPLIFIER E.A.R. 834L פרה שפופרתי , נקנה חדש לפני שנה פלוס ,מהיבואן אייל פור ז"ל.
מצב חדש.
יצחק טל. 052-8302727

R 834L Chrome Deluxe pre-amplifier

An excellent value for its price. The EAR 834L Deluxe pre-amplifier is one of the best pre-amplifiers in its price range. Unlike a lot of other pre-amplifiers which provide only about 4 line level inputs, the EAR 834L provides 5 line level inputs and a dedicated tape loop. The chrome face plate with the gold plated knobs and stylish engraving makes this pre-amplifier a visual treat.
834lclarge.gif

The sound is classic tube - warm, mellow and entirely non-fatiguing, even with poor quality old recordings with squeaky piercing treble. It is very good at detail retrieval, and does not seem to be hiding any important detail in the recording, just casting a nice warm glow over the musical presentation. Bass performance is decent and quite realistic unlike the boxy hollow bass from a Sonic Frontiers Line 2, although it cannot compete against high quality solid state gear like the Levinson 380S, but the 834L comes in at about a quarter of the price of the 380S. Vocals are quite good, not overly smoothed over like the Cary SLP-98, and not bloated and hollow like the Sonic Frontiers Line 2.

Other pre-amplifiers auditioned included the Cary SLP-98, Mark Levinson 380S, and Sonic Frontiers Line 2. The SLP-98 was an extremely musical' pre-amplifier, but I felt that it was rolling off vocals a little too much, and it costs twice as much as the 834L. The 380S is a typical Mark Levinson product - sweet sounding (almost tube like in that regard), without being overly warm, or overly bright. It just sounds right, although vocals, and especially male vocals do seem just a little bit hollow and chesty. I have noticed this among most amplifiers and pre-amplifiers with solid bass performance. The Sonic Frontiers Line 2, feel is a better product than their power amplifier, more accurate sounding, but still not quite right. Ulitimately, I chose the EAR 834L just based on price to performance ratio. I may upgrade to the Levinson 380S later.

Owner ofSans Pareil Te

נערך לאחרונה ב:

למעלה
תצוגת צבעים באתר (* פועל בדפדפנים מתקדמים מסוג Chrome ו- Firefox) תצוגה רגילה מותאם לעיוורי צבעים מותאם לכבדי ראייה
+ 100% -
סגור