חדש! ביקורת במגזין SoundStage לממיר HEGEL HD-20 DAC

soundquest

עוסק בתחום
הודעות
מעורבות
נקודות
חדש! ביקורת במגזין SoundStage לממיר HEGEL HD-20 DAC

Simaudio’s Moon Evolution 650D DAC-transport and Hegel’s HD20 DAC are both reference products. But while their sounds share some traits, they’re sufficiently different to appeal to specific tastes. If I had to choose one, I would definitely pick the Hegel, and not only because it costs $7000 less. I preferred the HD20’s more upfront sound, which to me was more involving and drew me in closer. While I admired the tightness of the Simaudio’s sound, the Hegel’s fullness felt more musical and more immersive.

Conclusions

In the introduction, I wondered why anyone would bother to buy an expensive CD player when there are DACs that can perform just as well or better for a fraction of the cost. Hegel’s HD20 is one more product that offers another example of why many people are abandoning CDs and CD players in favor of hard drives. I store music on a hard drive, but still regularly listen to CDs -- my wireless audio setup has never matched the sound of the same recordings on CD. But even for someone who prefers CDs, the HD20 makes a compelling argument for buying a basic transport with a digital output and investing in a topnotch DAC. With the HD20, I was rewarded with CD playback that was as good as I’ve ever heard in my system, even in comparison with CD players that sell for multiples of its price.
Regardless of how it compares with even pricier competition, Hegel Music Systems’ HD20 is hardly cheap at $2000 -- which is probably why Hegel offers two less expensive DAC models. But if you’ve got the money to even consider buying the HD20, you should do just that: consider it. Its simple, unassuming appearance conceals a veritable tour de force of DAC design whose unerring musicality may elevate the sound of your system. Unless I’m missing something, the CD player is almost dead. Digital-to-analog converters such as Hegel’s HD20 are helping to drive the last nail in its coffin.

לינק לביקורת המלאה

תמונות מצורפות

• Logo[1].jpg
    Logo[1].jpg
    KB 37.9 · צפיות: 463
  • hd20_r2.jpg
    hd20_r2.jpg
    KB 21.4 · צפיות: 450
  • HD20new.jpg
    HD20new.jpg
    KB 19.7 · צפיות: 450
  • hifimusik_rgb.jpg
    hifimusik_rgb.jpg
    KB 34.5 · צפיות: 498
  • Audio-Logo-185x55-r148x45-NC-fb17e0f7-8010.png
    Audio-Logo-185x55-r148x45-NC-fb17e0f7-8010.png
    KB 7 · צפיות: 556
  • hjemmekino_sekser_195.gif
    hjemmekino_sekser_195.gif
    KB 3.7 · צפיות: 425

falou

אוהב את התחום
הודעות
מעורבות
נקודות
המשפט הבא מראה למה אי אפשר לקחת עיתונות אודיו ברצינות:

With the HD20, I was rewarded with CD playback that was as good as I’ve ever heard in my system, even in comparison with CD players that sell for multiples of its price

שיפסיק לקשקש ויביא דוגמאות. יענו, שמות של מכשירים.
עיתונאי רכב היה מייצר אמירה כזו, בלי לגבות אותה בשמות דגמים רלוונטים?

רק בביקורת אודיו אפשר לחרטט בסגנון, "מבצע פי 4,5,8,מלנת'לפים, יותר ממחירו, בלי לציין מי התחרות שלא שווה את הכסף ולמה. איפה עיתונאי אחד גבר שיבוא וייכתוב: "אל תקנו נגן דיסקים X, קנו ברווז Y במקום, בעשירית הכסף".
אחרת, אפשר לקחת את כל המגזין הזה ולעטוף איתו דגים.

michael123

חבר משקיען
הודעות
מעורבות
נקודות
soundstage דווקא אחד הטובים יותר מבין כל החבורה

קראתי לפני יומיים את הביקורת על ממיר של MSB
50,000$
מה הייתי מצפה - רפרנס לדורות, מכשיר למופת
http://www.stereophile.com/content/msb-technology-platinum-data-cd-iv-transport-amp-diamond-dac-iv-amp-da-converter

מה מסתבר: משווים אותו לממיר של Benchmark של 1000$, Ayre ואחרים פי כמה זולים יותר.
מדידות מחורבנות - ה-Femto clock של 9000$ זה פלוץ אחד גדול - רמת הג'יטר טיפוסית לכל המכשרים.
ספק כוח חיצוני Platinum - בלוף גם כן, רואים את הסינוס של רשת חשמל!
רואים הרמוניות חזקות, רמת הרעש ממש לא כפי שהם מפרסמים.

ומה מסכם אטקינסון?

In most ways, MSB Technology's Diamond DAC IV offers the best measured performance in the digital domain that I have encountered

(lol)

בקיצר, רגילים לכל השטויות אלה.

נערך לאחרונה ב:

Tamir Ivan

כתב האתר
צוות האתר
הודעות
מעורבות
נקודות
אכן גם לדעתי תעשיית הביקורות הזו בעייתית בלשון המעטה.

המבקרים תמיד מוצאים עצמם מופתעים מביצועי המכשירים אותם הם סוקרים, ולעולם לא יגידו מילה רעה בסיכום על המוצר, מחשש שהחברה תפסיק לפרסם באתר שלהם.

כמו בכל התעשיות, קיימים פה ביקורות מוזמנות וכותבי צללים.

לדוגמא, כיצד Hegel H2 ,מוצר של חברה מוערכת, מצוטט באתר החברה כמקבל שבחים מפה ועד להודעה חדשה במגוון אתרים, ואילו ב- whathifi הוא מקבל ביקורת פושרת בלשון המעטה?

נערך לאחרונה ב:

למעלה
תצוגת צבעים באתר (* פועל בדפדפנים מתקדמים מסוג Chrome ו- Firefox) תצוגה רגילה מותאם לעיוורי צבעים מותאם לכבדי ראייה
+ 100% -
סגור